34. The Dark Knight


As the second part of my preparation for the forthcoming The Dark Knight Rises I have sat down to watch, what I think, is the best super hero film of all time (and I loved The Avengers).

So The Dark Knight is just so amazing on all levels. It's the best action movie, chase movie, horror movie, suspense movie or well... generally the best movie of 2008 without a shadow of a doubt. I never thought I would ever see the Batman realised on screen in such an darkly impressive, serious (as it can be) and inventive manner.

The bank heist in the first few minutes has more ideas crammed into it than most Hollywood blockbusters cram into two and half hours! Up to this point it was Christopher Nolans best film - although I think Inception bettered it...

Will TDKR better that? I doubt it, but really CANNOT WAIT to find out!

Hopefully MGM will hand the Bond franchise over to Nolan next and he can give that the kick up the arse it needs. That would be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment