61. Silver Linings Playbook


Silver Linings Playbook is not so much about mental illness and more about the two protagonists finding each other. It's a straight up rom-com for me and I have to say that Jennifer Lawrence is staggeringly good in it!!!

Not only does she look taller than I thought (or is Bradley Cooper a short arse?) she is sexy, vulnerable, enigmatic, smart and spunky as the 'life has dealt me a pretty shitty hand'- Tiffany.

It's a really top notch cast with all the leads getting their acting glands a thorough work out. De Niro is utterly brilliant as the grouchy sport obsessed dad (Pat Snr.) and Cooper is also great as the lead (Pat Jnr.). Not quite Oscar worthy for me but their something about Cooper that is always appealling (I thinks it's his accent?) and I always enjoy his presence and performance.

Well, apart from in THIS anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment